Japanese Inspired Yuzu Cheesecake
Our Cottage Foods Japanese journey continues with a bit of Oriental flavour in one of our favourite desserts.
Japan's iconic citrus, Yuzu is a perfect addition for a zesty yet morish Cheesecake.
- 250g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 240g cream cheese
- 6 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1tbsp Yuzu juice
- Dusting of icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line the bottom and sides of a fixed-bottom cake pan with parchment paper.
- Place white chocolate in a medium bowl and heat over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally, until melted. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in cream cheese and mix until smooth. Let cool slightly, then add yolks and mix again. Set to one side.
- Using a mixer, in another large bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add a spoonful of egg whites to chocolate mixture and stir just until lightened. Gently fold in remaining egg whites in until just combined. Now add a dash of yuzu juice and fold in.
- Pour batter into the prepared tin. Place the tin inside a larger baking dish or roasting pan and add warm water to reach halfway up sides of cake tin. Bake cheesecake on the lower shelf until set, 40–45 minutes. Turn oven off and leave pan in oven for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Remove cheesecake from pan, transfer to a platter, and chill until cold, at least 4 hours or up to overnight. Serve dusted with icing sugar.