The smoky prawn cocktail recipe that will blow your bang average prawn cocktail out of the water! A twist on this classic Christmas starter will have everyone coming back for more. The smoky flavour from the Halen Mon Smoked Water provides a rich flavour giving the prawns a little more edge.
- 400g cooked prawns
- 4 Little Gem lettuces
- 5 heaped tbsp mayonnaise
- 1tsp hot smoked paprika plus extra to serve
- 10ml Halen Mon smoked water
- 5 tbsp tomato chutney
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp creamed horseradish
- Splash of Tabasco sauce
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- A pinch of Halen Mon smoked sea salt for EXTRA smokiness
- Roughly chop the lettuces and divide the leaves evenly between four small bowls
- Sprinkle the cooked prawns over the lettuce and season with black pepper and Halen Mon Smoked Sea Salt
- Mix the mayonnaise, tomato chutney, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish and Tabasco together.
- Season to taste with lemon juice and salt and pepper, then spoon over the prawns.
- Dust the top with a little paprika. Try serving with Salted Black Garlic bread for the ultimate food heaven combo.